For our client, an international law firm in Prague, we are currently seeking the suitable candidate for the position of Risk Analyst.
Risk AnalytikI'm interested
Required languages:English (C1)
- Working as part of the team operating New Business Intake (“NBI”) system:
o Liaising with partners, staff and other members of the Risk Team to facilitate the prompt resolution of commercial and legal conflict issues identified from conflict searches.
o Preparing conflict waivers, letters of non-objection and other conflict-related documentation as well as establishing and maintaining information barriers as necessary.
o Ensuring anti-money laundering, sanctions and other risk checks have been carried out for new and existing clients in compliance with Firm policy and applicable regulatory requirements, and that relevant data is properly entered and maintained on the Firm’s systems.
o Assisting the practice in establishing engagement terms and advising on client imposed terms.
o Dealing with procedural queries raised by users of the NBI system.
o Providing ad-hoc advice and participating in presentations to the practice on all aspects of NBI related policy and regulation including providing guidance on conflict management, anti-money laundering requirements, sanctions and engagement.
o Working on discrete projects to continuously improve NBI policy and process.
- Providing support to the practice on general Compliance matters such as Share Dealing, Confidentiality Obligations, Outside Interests, Anti-Bribery and Corruption:
o Advising the practice on compliance with ad-hoc compliance issues.
- General support and advice to the Firm’s Head and Deputy Head of Risk and Risk Managers as and when required.
- Strong analytic skills: Able to quickly identify and meticulously analyse complex issues to provide practical solutions.
- Strong communication skills. Able to provide clear and unambiguous instructions or advice; persuasively communicating the Risk position by telephone, in writing and in person.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills: Able to effectively manage a diverse personal workload; organising and prioritising multiple tasks simultaneously and completing them to a high standard.
o Experience working in a professional partnership, or in a business services environment.
o Proven experience with CRM or similar software tools as well as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
o Experience of working on projects.
o Excellent written and spoken English
o A legal graduate or postgraduate qualification.
o Relevant legal experience and/or experience working in the compliance/risk department of an international law firm or other professional or financial services firm.
o A good understanding of and experience of dealing with conflicts of interests, Anti-money laundering, sanctions regulation and other regulations and Ethics requirements relevant to legal practice.
o Proficiency in languages.
- Motivating salary and employee benefits
- Office in the center of Prague
- The international team and dynamic environment